Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 August 2010

Long time not blogged


Hi, sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Been very very busy. On my birthday Paul took me to Wells Next The Sea, where we had lunch then we went off to Hunstanton, which was really lovely. I love the north Norfolk coast. We had a game of crazy golf, and I actually beat him - a very rare thing indeed. It was a genuine win - he didn't lose just because of it being my birthday. We had such a giggle. It was altogether a really lovely day.

After that, we were very busy with our work because we had a weeks holiday planned for the end of July, so had a lot of work to do so we could afford the time for the break away.

We are now back from that holiday which was really lovely. We stayed in a place called Thurnham Hall, near Lancaster. When we arrived and went up the driveway to the Hall, we both said WOW. It was beautiful. Our studio apartment was on the first floor of the Hall and was in the oldest part of the building, dating back to the 12th century. As you can see from the pictures, it was pretty amazing - definitely had the wow factor.
They had a programme of activities all week with a daily quiz just for fun, but then on Friday there was a quiz which had to be submitted for a prize, which Paul & I won - a bottle of wine!! They laid on walks, trips in to Lancaster and much more. One Wednesday evening in the chapel (on right of picture) they had a talk all about the history of the Hall and he took us on a short tour. We really had a lovely holiday and would like to go back there some time in the near future. We couldn't go on the walks they did because you needed walking boots, and we didn't think to take ours with us, but if we go back we will definitely take them and join in.
I promise I won't leave it so long before I post again, and hope you like the photos.
Sheila












During the week we explored all over the place, having one day in Morecambe, another in Blackpool, we went up to the Lake District another day, and on Friday we popped across to Yorkshire. It was a lovely week and at the end of the week there was a quiz, and we won 1st prize of a bottle of wine. Yeahhhhh!!!!!!!














Since we came back, we have been just as busy as before we went, so this is the first chance I've had to come on and really concentrate on doing a new post. Hope you like the photos.














Another good thing that has happened: I joined an online diet at the beginning of July, and I've finally started to lose some of this blubber I've been carrying around with me for too long. I've alread shed 6lb, and on track to be able to wear some of my lovely clothes I've not been able to get into for a long time. I'm feeling much better in myself already, and can already wear some of my size 12's. I'm very pleased this one is working and I'm also making some new friends on the site's forums and circles of friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment